So many things here remind me of you
That's okay though, I choose to remember the good
Like that day on a whim, we went on a drive
Sitting on the beach, watching the tide
I close my eyes, feel your hand in mine
And all those times, you running your fingers down my spine
Finding passions in places, that made us feel high
Our talks about the universe and questions in life
Now your visions changed, in your mind
And I knew I had to say ...goodbye
I know, these tears are the last I cry for you
And I know...I know...for sure...we're through
That doesn't make it any less true
All the things we went through
In my heart there will always be a part of you
So many things here remind me of you
That's okay though, I choose to remember the good
You know your personal sway can make any girl swoon
Intoxicated by your lips and sipping whiskey for two
After the twilight, up on the hill, staring at the night sky
Wondering how many others felt the same that night
I can honestly say, I have no regrets in time
You will always be my wildest ride
Now your visions changed, in your mind
And I knew I had to say ...goodbye
I know, these tears are the last I cry for you
And I know...I know...for sure...we're through
That doesn't make it any less true
All the things we went through
In my heart there will always be a part of you
You changed the rules, you changed the game
I thought I could play, but honestly, there's just no way
I know it's not down my vein and that's okay...
'Cause I know, these tears are the last I cry for you
And I know...I know...for sure...we're through
That doesn't make it any less true
All the things we went through
In my heart there will always be a part of you

No comments:
Post a Comment