
we all have a hunger
we all have this encoded need
some of them cut so deep...when is there time to breathe
eyes closed, she screams in the night
the water slowly drips and runs dry
everything falls to a whispered quiet
everything falls to a whispered quiet
listening to the blood in my veins
a slow, slow pulse beats silent and low
if I let it...
...it could sway me into a permanent trance
if I let it...
...it could sway me into a permanent trance
my heart refuses it though
breaking it down
and forcing it to speed
yet the balance
seems shattered
I’m on this swing, being torn
...a constant
back and forth
back and forth
over and over
the shirt I’m wearing
is suffocating
my heart, no longer inside
...instead
is open wide
on my sleeve
leaving me
bleeding
and gasping...
for air
my fingertips touch, feel
search for the real
anything that’ll make it easier to breathe
the leaves
...falling
eyes closed, hands stretched up high
I hear
I hear
a whisper of a calling
of everything I know to be true
waiting for that indescribable light to shine through
making all thoughts and all the commotion fade
...down...
...down...
...down...to a whisper
...to a quiet whisper...
and disappear...
No comments:
Post a Comment