
Please don’t look at me
don’t even speak my name
it’s all I ever really wanted anyway
but I cut the ties
I spoke with lies
and left you bleeding
cut down, without a fight
I know it’s easier now
to curse my name
to push the blame
I know it’s easier now
to let go
to ignore
the breath of life
that comes your way
when you speak my name
I don’t deserve to see you
right now, today
I can feel your pain
there’s gotta be a way
but the words don’t come clear
the smile is here, but washed away
wishing it on your lips instead
I know it’s easier now
to curse my name
to push the blame
I know it’s easier now
to let go
to ignore
the breath of life
that comes your way
when you speak my name
No comments:
Post a Comment