9.8.09

The Quiet Murmur ©Molli Paige






















Nothing
is as it seems
The pages are blank,

...staring back at me

My heart pounding a crazy beat
Was it something I said
Or was it something you read
Words twisted leaving you cold instead

My words choked up in my mouth
I have no guarantee of finding my way out
Feeling the pain, seizing me with doubt
The senses wane 'til their perfectly still
Tongue-tied, your deafening silence kills me
Waking from sleep, delirious, remembering
This must be a delayed space in time
A fraudulent hand played out of line
......Forced apart, swept away with the tide
This is insane, yet so unashamedly raw
The threads are not torn through after all
Cruel life is, sometimes, laughing while
...we

fall

I know your passions, your whispered murmur...
...a distant hummmm...
Penetrating then, now, and in the distant future
Find reprieve, live, laugh, impassion and bewilder...
...there is no end...just abeyance to let us linger...

No comments:

Post a Comment